Waterford Sports Partnership – PPN Representatives
Waterford Sports Partnership (WSP) has four PPN positions on its Board (Sports Club, Youth, Disability and Community) and is seeking expressions of interest from the Waterford PPN to replace the recently vacated PPN Sports Club position.
PPN Sports Club Representative – Ideal profile of PPN representative on WSP Board…
• Experience volunteering with sports clubs
• is in a position to engage with sports clubs (preferably at a county level) on sport club issues relevant to WSP and bring those issues back to the board
• has a genuine interest in promoting sport and physical activity in Waterford
It is desirable, but not mandatory, that the representative has knowledge, skills and experience in governance.
Role of the PPN Representative on the Board of WSP
• To bring the sports club perspective on sport and physical activity to the Board of WSP
• To represent the interests of the PPN membership in promoting sport and physical activity in Waterford and report back and liaise with the PPN in relation to sport and physical activity matters.
• As WSP is a company limited by guarantee, the PPN representative will be required to join the Board as a director of Waterford Sports Partnership CLG
• To attend 5-6 WSP Board meetings a year, currently held Friday mornings in Waterford City
• In time, to volunteer for task based sub-committees where relevant/suitable
Background Information on Waterford Sports Partnership
WSP’s Vision is ‘Waterford – Active People, Active Place’
WSP’s Mission is ‘to work in collaboration with our sporting, community, voluntary and statutory partners to plan, co-ordinate, develop, deliver and evaluate sustainable opportunities for the people of Waterford to enjoy the health benefits of participation in sport and physical activity.’
The WSP Strategy 2014-2017 is available to view at www.waterfordsportspartnership.ie.
If you are interested in the role please email an expression of interest with the following detail to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 13th June
Name of Sports Club you represent